The Greenhouse project, weekend progress

What a weekend!  I have so much to write but instead of making this post a chapter book I will break it into parts. 

My weekend began early as I took part of Friday off from work.  My intentions were to power wash the frame and south wall of my greenhouse and purchase the paint for the walls.  I managed to complete both and power wash the deck as well.  The weekend was off to a good start.

Saturday morning, in order to beat the summer heat and to take advantage of the time that the hubs would be home before his softball tournament, I dragged myself out to the greenhouse to paint at 6 am.  By 9:30 I was done with the primer and then had to call it a day.  I was dying to get at least one coat of paint complete but my 3 year old came down with a fever and needed lots and lots of mommy cuddle time.

I was happy to oblige.

This morning rolled around and I woke up early again to tackle the paint.  It was dark and the clouds were heavy.  Mother nature seemed to have alternate plans.  I took a deep breath, kept my eye to the west and the paint brush and I teamed up to work at lightening speed in hopes to beat the rain.  Thankfully the rain was very light and for the most part, I painted right through the occasional drops. 

To be quite honest, I was hesitant about the color.  I thought it was too light, too minty, overall too bright.  The more I painted and the more the paint dried, it grew on me.  I think mostly because the fresh color made everything seem so clean and refreshing.  Calm and happy.  Exactly what I was going for. 

A couple other things I managed to accomplish were:

Ruin my favorite flip flops,

Rip my pants. Not just tear but rip. Right in an area that would have been offensive to the neighbors had I not had a privacy fence.

Drip massive amounts of paint in my hair.

But in comparison my husband took one for the team. The uninvited guests inhabiting my garden didn't like how close he was to their pad so one of the bullies let him have it.  Right on his ring finger.

All of that aside, this has been a very productive weekend and I am very pleased with the results.

So here it is folks, the before and after.




I think the last time this stall was painted was in the 50's.  Brown was the color of their choice.  Frugal Gardener green is its color of choice now.






I do believe the color is a little lighter than the Vanilla Mint that was chosen but after 6 hours of painting, it is here to stay.

In part 2, I will highlight the installation of 2 panels (whoo hoo!!!), a couple things we learned and why I think the panel channels are direct descendants of the devil. 


1 Response
  1. It looks really good. Looking forward to more pictures when it is finished and how it looks with your garden and house.

    If you would like to share your tasty new greenhouse paint, we would like to invite you to publish some pictures in our Paint & Decoration Facebook group or your posts :)


I would love to hear from you!